Long Stratton couple who were robbed in own home ran a newsagents
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have revealed the couple who were attacked and robbed of cash in their Long Stratton home ran a newsagents.
And detectives probing the robbery by a gang of three men at Flowerpot Lane last Saturday night have said that a ring taken from the couple was found nearby.
It is believed the couple run a newsagents in the Norwich area and the police say that one theory is that the couple may have been targeted because they were coming home with their takings.
The robbery happened at about 8.30pm with the gang threatening and then assaulting the couple before making off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The EDP has offered a £1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the attackers.
Anyone with information on last Saturday's robbery in Flowerpot Lane, Long Stratton, should call Det Sgt Mark Joyce, the investigating offer at Norwich CID, on 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out