Long service awards for Wortham nursery workers
A north Suffolk nursery has presented long service awards to past and present staff honouring their dedication and effort.
Howard Nurseries, of Wortham, presented five 25-year service awards to Christine Lanchester, Sarah-Jayne Wright, Jenny Piper, Cheryl Goddard, and Paul Howling.
Christine Howard, one of the directors of the nursery said: 'It is a fantastic achievement. They have helped make the company what it is today. We are very proud of the staff at the nursery and these five members demonstrate the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all the staff at the nursery.'
Christine Lanchester retired from the nursery in 2010 after working as the dispatch team leader. Cheryl Goddard finished last summer to develop her own growing decorating business.
During there time employed at the nursery Christine and Jenny, have become team leaders of departments. Jenny is responsible for young plant propagation and one of Christine's roles was dispatch team leader along side organising the Chelsea Flower show plants.
You may also want to watch:
Howard Nurseries has been established since 1969 and has grown to be one of the foremost perennial producers in the country of containers and bare rooted plants.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut