Long delays in Wroxham after elderly man hit by van on Norwich Road
- Credit: Ian Burt
An elderly man has been hit by a van in Wroxham, causing long delays on Norwich Road.
Emergency services were called shortly before 9.20am on Wednesday to reports of an accident between a pedestrian and a Ford Transit van.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said a man, believed to be in his 80s, suffered a shoulder injury.
But after being treated by paramedics at the scene he decided against going to hospital and was instead taken to a GP.
The ambulance service said the accident took place outside Riverside Art and Glass, near the bridge over the River Bure.
You may also want to watch:
It resulted in long traffic delays in both direction.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools