Train service cancelled due to heavy snow
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A rush hour train service to Norwich has been cancelled due to heavy snow this afternoon.
Greater Anglia has confirmed the 5.02pm service from London Liverpool Street to Norwich will not be running.
The company has warned commuters that some lines are blocked due to the snow.
Services between Norwich and Sheringham are also being disrupted due to a points failure caused by the adverse weather conditions.
Train services from Norwich will terminate at North Walsham with local Sanders coaches accepting Greater Anglia tickets between Sheringham and Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
There has also been disruption on the roads due to the weather with First Norwich posting on social media to say it is unable to serve Blofield Heath due to a snow drift on Ranworth Road.
A number of other bus services have been disrupted throughout the day.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
The 29 service has been omitting Taverham due to the conditions as it only travels along main roads.
And First's Service 14 towards Pilson Green have been terminating at Dussindale. First has also been unable to serve Mousehold due to the conditions.