Train service cancelled due to heavy snow
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A rush hour train service to Norwich has been cancelled due to heavy snow this afternoon.
Greater Anglia has confirmed the 5.02pm service from London Liverpool Street to Norwich will not be running.
The company has warned commuters that some lines are blocked due to the snow.
Services between Norwich and Sheringham are also being disrupted due to a points failure caused by the adverse weather conditions.
Train services from Norwich will terminate at North Walsham with local Sanders coaches accepting Greater Anglia tickets between Sheringham and Norwich.
There has also been disruption on the roads due to the weather with First Norwich posting on social media to say it is unable to serve Blofield Heath due to a snow drift on Ranworth Road.
A number of other bus services have been disrupted throughout the day.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
The 29 service has been omitting Taverham due to the conditions as it only travels along main roads.
And First's Service 14 towards Pilson Green have been terminating at Dussindale. First has also been unable to serve Mousehold due to the conditions.