Woman who died after becoming trapped under boat named
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A mother who died after becoming trapped under a boat on the River Bure has been named.
Laura Louise Perry, who had travelled to Great Yarmouth from London, was pronounced dead at the scene following the incident on August 19.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake is set to open an inquest into the 38-year-old's death at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday, January 4.
Emergency services were called out shortly before 1.35pm to reports of a woman in the water close to the yacht station in North Quay.
A cordon was put in place around the boat while enquiries were carried out to establish the circumstances leading up to the incident, and how Ms Perry came to be in the water, Norfolk Police confirmed at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Lawn Avenue was closed for four hours while emergency services attended.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown