Cathedral’s master of music to run marathon dressed as a bear
- Credit: Archant
The Master of Music at Norwich Cathedral will be running the Virgin Money London Marathon 2018 in a giant 'Bernard the Bear' costume.
Ashley Grote, from Norwich, will run on April 22 to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (GOSHCC) to say thank you for the care his daughter Emily received for a rare brain tumour.
He has so far raised over £56,000 and it is his fourth time taking part for the charity.
Mr Grote, who recently appeared on Masterchef, said: 'I owe a huge debt of gratitude to GOSH after all that the staff have done for my daughter Emily since her diagnosis back in June 2014.
'Emily is now doing amazingly well and her tumour is now stable.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a great joy and blessing to see her thriving at school and growing up so fast.'
To sponsor Mr Grote visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bernardthebear
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden