Warning over ‘loft insulation’ scam calls during lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Officials at an enforcement service have urged people to be aware about a spate of scam calls regarding loft insulation.
After scam reports have been received across Suffolk, officers from Suffolk Trading Standards have warned householders to be on their guard.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: “We have received a report of scam calls being received.
“A company is calling residents in Suffolk, to advise that they need to visit their property to inspect their loft insulation, as it may be mouldy.
“Please do not engage with any such calls
You may also want to watch:
“Report all scam calls to us via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.”
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk