Local shop steps in to help Loddon Players with pantomime refreshments
- Credit: Caroline Bown
A local pantomime is set to be fully refreshed, thanks to the generosity of a town's grocery shop. Oh yes it is.
When Loddon Players hosts its annual panto - which this year is Aladdin - they will be able to supply refreshments for panto audiences without having to dip too much into their own coffers.
The Players have been presented with £400 worth of vouchers for Central England Co-op, with which they can purchase teas, coffees and more to serve at the shows.
Committee members Maureen Larkin, Sharon Sutton and Gina Buntrock were presented with the vouchers during the Loddon Victorian Evening, by Co-op branch manager Dean Blyth and staff member Juliette Yallop.
The pantomime opens on Friday, January 12, with 11 performances in total.
You may also want to watch:
Performances will be held on Fridays and Saturdays between January 12 and 27, with additional shows on Sunday, January 14 and Thursday, January 25.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer