Village pub opens brand new café
- Credit: Locks Inn
A village pub has opened a brand new café for the local community to enjoy.
The Locks Inn in Geldeston, near Beccles, has opened its new social hub for the community, which will offer a range of coffees, cakes and sausage rolls.
It also hopes to open a shop in the hub in the near future.
The aim of the hub is to give the village community a place to connect and encourage those experiencing social isolation and anxiety to start socialising.
Christine Pinsett, who is a member of the management team at the pub, said: “The main aim of this community café is to help the villagers and the wider community to socialise in a friendly environment.
“The last 18-months has been a big challenge for people and we want to provide them with somewhere they can get together to reduce social isolation and help improve their improve their wellbeing.”
The Locks Inn was bought by the community group in 2020 after being listed for auction last year.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’