Local musicians wanted for Rackheath’s closing ceremony for London 2012 Olympics
Musicians, bands and choirs are being sought to take part in a closing event for the London 2012 Olympics in Rackheath in September.
Broadland District Council and Rackheath Youth Council are organising the event for Sunday, September 9.
It is part of the 'Bandstand Marathon', a 12-week nationwide celebration from Thursday, June 21 through until Sunday, September 9, as part of the London 2012 Festival,
Musical performances held at Rackheath's Jubilee Park, in Willoughby Way, will be one of hundreds of outdoor concerts taking place simultaneously across the country.
As well as the Bandstand Marathon, Rackheath Youth Council will be arranging other activities to raise money for improvements to the local play area.
You may also want to watch:
Kirstin Hughes, economic development manager at Broadland District Council, said: 'This will be a fabulous opportunity for the local community to come together and celebrate this unique year of events.
'We are also pleased to be able to work with the young people of Rackheath who continue to strive to improve facilities in their village.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
The concert is scheduled to be held between 1pm and 5pm.
If you would like to perform at the concert, call 01603 430538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Bandstand Marathon go to www.bandstandmarathon.org.uk