Your chance to quiz Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron when he visits Norwich
- Credit: PA
The leader of the Liberal Democrats will be in Norwich tomorrow [Wednesday] – and you could put your question to him.
Tim Farron will visit Archant's headquarters, on Rouen Road, where the pop-up newspaper The New European is being published. The new publication was launched in July after Britain voted to leave the European Union.
The event follows Archant's question and answer events with former prime minister David Cameron, and leading Brexit campaigner Michael Gove ahead of the June poll.
The Liberal Democrat leader, whose party campaigned for Britain to remain in the European Union during the referendum earlier this year, is pushing for prime minister Theresa May to be forced to put the details of any Brexit deal to the public, either in a second referendum or a general election.
Mr Farron said: 'I'm really looking forward to visiting Archant HQ and taking part in this Q&A. I think it's vital to hear from you about the things you are passionate about, what could be done better and what annoys you. My job is to listen, engage, take that message back and make sure we fight your corner in Westminster. 'I think it is great that The New European has sprung up. It really is offering a voice to pro-Europeans and making sure that the news that people like myself care about is heard. We need more voices like the New European and I think it is a fantastic paper. Well done to all those who work so hard to deliver it to news-stands.'
You may also want to watch:
Matt Kelly, editor of The New European, said: 'If there has been one positive from the referendum, it is that the whole country is now engaged in the issues and wrestling with the consequences. Tim Farron has been forthright about some of those consequences –especially around our place in the world and immigration – and I know he'll stimulate a great discussion on Wednesday.'
If you would like to take part you need to be available between 5pm and 6.30pm on Wednesday, and be able to get to Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE with photographic ID. If you are interested in being considered please email Samantha.FaneDeSalis@archant.co.uk by 5pm today with a proposed question for Mr Farron and your name, age, address and a contact number. We will let you know by email whether you have been successful.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch