YOUR chance to quiz general election candidates in Fakenham
A hustings meeting on Thursday night gives you the chance to quiz all five parliamentary candidates standing for the Broadland seat.
It's been organised by Fakenham Churches Together. Frank Schofield from the group explains the thinking behind it:
As Christians we seek through our lives to transform the lives of others, to support those in need, to challenge what's unjust in our society – we call it 'witness and service'.
To that extent the general election serves an important role for shaping not only our democracy and freedoms but the day-to-day lives we and our neighbours are able to lead – in the same way as it does for members of political parties, and for every member of our society.
You may also want to watch:
Hearing what our prospective representatives for parliament have to offer – their values, their policies, their local focus, the kind of society they aspire to, is an opportunity that these hustings give us here in Fakenham and the local area included within the Broadland constituency to learn about our candidates in order to make an informed decision come polling day.
The meeting is open to all, hosted by the churches on behalf of the whole community, please come along. Questions may be submitted in advance in writing to any of the church pastors in Fakenham or by e-mail to email@example.com . Questions may also be submitted on entry to the meeting.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
'Any Questions', with chair Lee Muston, is being held on Thursday, March 19 (7.30 – 9.30pm) at the Salvation Army Hall in Oak Street, Fakenham.
Follow links below for a short profile of each candidate.