Who will replace Nigel Farage? Meet the UK Independence Party leadership candidates
- Credit: PA
The UK Independence Party has revealed the slate of candidates who will compete to replace Nigel Farage at the top of the eurosceptic party.
Six names have made it onto the shortlist - but favourite Steven Woolfe has been excluded from the race.
The migration spokesman was seen as the preferred heir of Mr Farage, but was 17 minutes late submitting his nomination papers.
Supporters claimed he had been the victim of a coup led by Ukip's only MP, Douglas Carswell, and Neil Hamilton, group leader in the Welsh Assembly.
The ruling National Executive Committee voted to block his candidacy by a 'clear majority', a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
MEPs Bill Etheridge, Diane James and Jonathan Arnott along with Elizabeth Jones, Councillor Lisa Duffy and Phillip Broughton will all be on the ballot paper.
A Ukip spokesman said: 'By a clear majority of NEC members, Steven Woolfe MEP's application was considered to be ineligible as a result of a late submission and as such he did not meet the eligibility criteria. His membership of the party was not in question.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'