Election dates set for two parish councils in West Norfolk
- Credit: Ian Burt
Election dates have been fixed for two parish council elections in West Norfolk.
The date of the parish council election in North Runcton to fill once vacancy has been fixed for Thursday, March 8.
The polling station, which will be open from 7am to 10pm, will be in The Village Meeting Place.
Previously the parish council election at Thornham had been scheduled to fill three vacancies but only two nominations have been received so far.
Alison Jane Chesterman of Castle Cottages, Thornham and Stephen Michael Greef of High Street, Thornham, were elected unopposed.
You may also want to watch:
The date of a further parish council election to fill the remaining vacancy has been fixed for Thursday, March 8.
The polling station at The Meeting Room, Thornham Village Hall, High Street, will be open from 7am to 10pm.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Nomination papers to fill vacancies at both parish councils must be received by the returning officer by 4pm on Friday, February 9.