Warning over Norfolk scam survey
Watchdogs have warned about a scam survey which has been targeting people in Norfolk.
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards has been made aware of an overseas call centre which claims to be carrying out a survey on behalf of Norfolk County Council and asks a variety of personal and financial questions.
Norfolk County Council stressed it does not use overseas call centres or cold call to ask for personal information.
A spokesman said: 'People may occasionally be contacted by the council's Customer Service Centre but only after a resident has telephoned previously and only to gain general feedback about the service they received following their enquiry.'
Trading Standards bosses said people should never give out personal details without checking out the caller's credentials first.
You may also want to watch:
They say if you are concerned about the authenticity of a phone call, confirm the name of the caller and tell them you will call them back.
People should call Trading Standards 0344 800 8020 if they are concerned about anyone claiming to be from Norfolk County Council.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
To report a scam, call Consumer Direct on 08454 040506.