Warning issued after Norfolk fisherman fined nearly £500 for having no licence
- Credit: Archant
Fishermen are being warned to ensure they have a licence after an angler received a fine.
The angler, who was caught fishing at the Bridge Inn fishery at Lenwade, has been issued with a £471 fine.
The incident has prompted the Envioronment Agency (EA) to issue a warning on social media to stop others from making the same mistake.
They tweeted: "An angler who was caught fishing without a licence has received a £471 fine
"He was fishing at the Bridge Inn fishery in Norfolk when he was caught
You may also want to watch:
"Don't make the same mistake! Get your fishing licence here
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
"#fish #fishing #crime @AngliaEnforceEA".
- For more information about rod fishing licences log onto https://www.gov.uk/topic/environmental-management/fisheries-rod-licensing