UKIP reveals Euro MP hopefuls
- Credit: Archant
The UK Independence Party has issued a list of candidates who will be standing in the East of England for the European Elections next year.
The final order in which they will stand is yet to be decided by the members, in a ballot to be held in the next few weeks.
Among the names are Norfolk farmer Stuart Agnew, the sitting MEP, who is seeking re-election; Patrick O'Flynn, the Daily Express columnist; Tim Aker, the party's policy director; and Andrew Smith, who was a candidate in the 2009 European Elections and also stood in the Essex Police & Crime Commissioner election in 2012.
Stuart Gulleford, UKIP's Eastern region press officer said: 'The selection process has been demanding, comprehensive and very competitive.
'The original 200 individuals who put themselves forward as prospective candidates have been whittled down to an approved list which will be offered to the membership to make their choices.'
You may also want to watch:
The other UKIP candidates are Michael Heaver, Andy Monk and Mick McGough.
The European elections are due to be held on May 22 next year.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case