The Light confirmed as new cinema chain for Thetford Riverside development
- Credit: Archant
An all digital cinema chain will be coming to Thetford as part of a multi-million project to regenerate a bus station site.
The Light Cinemas, which was founded in Romania but now has two cinemas in the UK and one in Germany, has been confirmed as the latest occupant of the Thetford Riverside Project, led by Breckland Council.
The scheme is set to include cafes, restaurants, a hotel and cinema. Travelodge have already been confirmed as the hotel.
Keith Pullinger, chief executive of The Light Cinemas, said it was hoped the cinema would open in early 2017.
'We want to put in a three screen first floor cinema above a cafe and bar offer on the ground floor. It should create 25 jobs for the town,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
The chain, which launched in 2007. is rolling out five other cinemas across the UK prior to the Thetford branch.
Mr Pullinger added that the cinema's fully digital equipment meant it was able to broadcast live theatre and opera performances, as well as films.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
The riverside project is reliant on Breckland finalising a deal with Land Group LLP as its partner for a Local Asset Backed Vehicle (LABV). A decision is expected by the end of March, once due diligence has been completed.
What do you think of the chain's arrival? Email reporter Andrew Fitchett on firstname.lastname@example.org