Public views wanted for use of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk town council is asking the public for its view on The Barn Centre.
Residents of Swaffham and the surrounding areas are being asked how they would like to use the proposed new Barn Centre in the town.
Swaffham Town Council is proposing to purchase the Barn Centre, formerly used by the Sacred Heart School, and make it available for a wide range of community uses.
Mayor of Swaffham Jill Skinner said: “We feel that this is a tremendous opportunity for the whole area.
“The Barn is within walking distance of the town centre and has extensive facilities which could be used to bring a whole new dimension to the town.”
You may also want to watch:
The Centre currently includes an art room, auditorium, pottery and kiln rooms, music rooms and an outdoor swimming pool with changing rooms.
To give your views, fill in the questionnaire at: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3BXFBLJThe consultation period will run from the August 24 until the September 10.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 Holiday let plan rejected due to flooding concerns