Town deputy mayor steps down after one year
- Credit: Richard Bishop/Swaffham Town Cou
A market town’s deputy mayor has stepped down after one year in the role.
Keith Sandle has stepped down as Swaffham Town Council’s deputy mayor due to home and work commitments.
Mr Sandle will remain as a councillor.
He said: “After much consideration and deliberation I have decided to step down as deputy mayor.
“Please be assured that I have not taken this decision lightly nor frivolously.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skinner said: “Thank you very much for supporting me through our year.”
Judy Anscombe was chosen as the new deputy mayor.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 8 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 9 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital