Surprise on the streets of Norwich after snap election call
- Credit: Archant.
There was surprise on the streets of Norwich after the prime minister called for a snap election.
This video shows how Theresa May's announcement has gone down on the streets of Norwich.
Some people welcomed the call, which the prime minister said she had concluded was the way forward 'recently and reluctantly'.
They said it was shrewd move to give herself a mandate ahead of the future negotiations over Brexit, and that the timing had come at a time when there were questions over the chances of success for a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour party.
But others said they were disappointed at the call and that it would add to uncertainty.
You may also want to watch:
A motion will be put to Parliament tomorrow and Mrs May will need to get a two-thirds majority to trigger the June 8 general election.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47