Spixworth Parish Council on lookout for new councillor
A north Norwich parish council is appealing for enthusiastic and community-minded people interested in becoming a councillor.
Spixworth Parish Council is looking to fill a vacancy caused by a resignation in April, and is now free to co-opt a new councillor directly, without the need for a by-election.
Clerk Ros Rose said: 'We're looking for someone interested in playing their part in the local area, and who will make decisions affecting the village.'
Candidates must live within three miles of the parish, or have a job or business within the boundaries.
Should more than one candidate come forward, they will be interviewed by the parish council's finance and general purposes committee, who will make the final recommendation.
You may also want to watch:
A by-election is not necessary for the new councillor as fewer than 10 electors made that request to the council.
Anyone interested should contact Mrs Rose at Spixworth Parish Council on 01603 890290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the village hall in person between 9.30am and noon, Monday to Friday.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 The Norfolk waterway that is too rude for Facebook
- 10 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults