Spa and boutique hotel near Norwich Bus Station given go-ahead
- Credit: Hudson Architects
A bid to build a development including a spa and a boutique hotel near Norwich Bus Station has been agreed by city planners.
The application for the spa, restaurant, penthouse apartment and boutique hotel was unanimously approved by councillors at at City Hall yesterday.
The complex will be on the vacant site of the former ticket office at the bus station, located on the corner of the station entrance.
The proposed building will be five storeys high, with a cafe on ground level.
However Norwich City Council Street Works had raised concerns that building works would have 'a major impact' on the bus station.
You may also want to watch:
There was also an objection raised by a neighbouring office block that the height of the complex would reduce light in the building, but it was decided that the impact would not be significant.
The proposal was put forward by Dennis Bacon, who has previously said the development could open next year.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 9 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’