Man in 20s dies following head-on collision on busy road
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has died following a head-on collision between two vehicles.
At around 3,20am on Sunday, police were called to a collision between a silver Mazda and a brown Range Rover on the A1065 Swaffham Road, between South Raynham and Weasenham St Peter.
Police, paramedics and three fire crews attended the scene, with firefighters extinguishing one of the vehicles, which had caught fire.
The driver of the Mazda, a man thought to be in his 20s, died at the scene as a result of the injuries suffered in the crash.
Meanwhile, the two people travelling in the Range Rover are being treated for serious injuries at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the Mazda was travelling towards Fakenham at the time of the collision, while the Range Rover was being driven in the opposite direction, towards Swaffham.
The road was closed for seven hours while emergency services attended to the scene and carried out investigations.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
It reopened at 10.36am.
Any witnesses to the collision, or drivers with dashcam footage are asked to contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the serious collision investigation team on 101, or email email@example.com quoting incident number 47 of Sunday, September 8.