Busy stretch of A47 to shut for five nights
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned that part of the A47 is shutting for five nights for horticultural works.
A 1.9 mile section at Gorleston from the Harfrey’s roundabout to the Victoria Road roundabout will close from 8pm to 6am from Monday (August 17).
The “high impact” closure will see both lanes of the southbound carriageway of the inner relief road closed every night until Friday.
It will reopen at 6am on Saturday (August 22).
The works will be followed by another closure of the northbound carriageway from August 24 to 28.
You may also want to watch:
They are described as “cutting and planting.”
A spokesman for Highways England said it was usual to do one direction first and then the other to minimise disruption.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out