Roundabout on A140 to close for five nights for £150,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Drivers will face diversions when a roundabout on one of the main roads in and out of Norwich is closed for five nights for £150,000 of roadworks.
Work to resurface the southern A140 Cromer Road roundabout, near Horsford, and the A140 Holt Road is due to begin on Monday, October 5.
Norfolk County Council is carrying out the work at the road, close to the Norwich Northern Distributor Road, at night to minimise disruption.
But it will mean the road will be shut for five nights, with a closure needed from 7pm to 6am each night, which the council says is “essential” to ensure work can be done safely and efficiently.
The road will remain open as normal from 6am to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The county council said the overnight working was to minimise the impact on the road network as much as possible and that it would try to ensure the loudest work would be completed before 11pm to minimise disturbance to people living nearby.
A council spokesperson said: “These are essential works to repair worn out road surfaces and a full road closure is needed to ensure the safety of the work force.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Person pulled from car stuck in floodwater
- 9 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 10 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
“The works will be carried out overnight to avoid any impact on daytime traffic and minimise any potential disruption to the road network,
“While the work is being done, a fully signed diversion route will be in place.
“We are grateful for people’s patience while this road surface improvement work takes place. If access for emergency services is required, the site staff will ensure access past the works.”
The diversion route sends motorists on to the ring road, the B1150 and the Norwich Northern Distributor Road.
The £150,000 work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and its contractors.
The work comes at a time when drivers on the A140 have already been affected by roadworks while new gas pipes are put in place on Holt Road.
That work is due to be finished before the roundabout work begins.