Roads and health on agenda for Broadland MP Keith Simpson
- Credit: Archant
Dualling the A47 and ensuring easier access to GPs are Keith Simpson's priorities for Broadland, as he prepares for another term as MP.
Veteran Mr Simpson held the seat on Thursday morning with a majority of 16,838.
On his priorities for the next five years, the 66-year-old said: 'Having spoken with people on doorsteps, a lot were talking about the NHS but, rather than generally, it was more about access to GPs,' he said.
He added that he wanted to be certain they made 'really good improvements in education'.
But he said that infrastructure and transport improvements were high on the agenda, with the A47 and Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NNDR) priorities.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that the NNDR would not be cheap, but said that there were plenty of 'engineering options which take into account the environment'.
He also highlighted the importance of accountability at the Broads Authority and said he would be working hard to bring change about.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement