Knights Hill public inquiry begins
- Credit: Archant
A public inquiry into plans to build 600 homes near a historic castle begins today.
We'll be reporting live from the first day of the Knights Hill inquiry as it gets under way in King's Lynn.
Updates will be posted below once proceedings start. The hearing will begin with opening statements from the developers, West Norfolk and Castle Rising Parish councils.
The focus will then move on to highways issues - one of the major concerns of people living around the site.
In the meantime, here's all you need to know in a few bullet points regarding what it's all about, the key arguments on both sides and how the process is expected to pan out.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone