Private/public partnership hailed after first year of work
- Credit: Archant
A landmark partnership project which is driving the development of Thetford's new cinema and hotel complex has been hailed a success after its first year of work.
Breckland Bridge was launched last year as a joint venture between Breckland Council and the Land Group.
The deal sees Land Group develop sites owned by the council, with the profits from the schemes shared.
It has since taken on the development of a housing site at Mileham, another at Attleborough, and the Thetford Riverside project.
David Winch, director of Land Group, said it was proving to be a fruitful partnership.
You may also want to watch:
'We are very pleased with the progress of the last year and all the projects are where we want them to be.
'Breckland has some good people who believe in the projects and this partnership is a great way to deliver regeneration and new housing,' he said.
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
Of the three initial projects, Breckland will take 90% of the profit, with the Land Group taking the remaining 10%.
But future projects would see profits split equally, according to Mr Winch.
William Nunn, leader of Breckland Council, said the partnership had been 'incredibly productive'.
'Once the three initial projects have been successfully delivered, we expect to discuss further opportunities to take on new and exciting projects which – like our current initiatives – will aim make the most of our assets to directly drive growth and development in the district and bring maximum benefits for local people,' he said.