Prime minister Boris Johnson to visit Norfolk today
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Prime minister Boris Johnson is set to visit the county today.
The Conservative leader will travel to a business in Norfolk on Tuesday, having flown to Scotland for the launch of the party's Scottish manifesto.
It comes after Mr Johnson launched the party's manifesto in Telford in the West Midlands on Sunday, with delivering Brexit a headline pledge.
On Monday, he revealed he would call for a Queen's Speech to take place on December 19 if he remains prime minister under plans to bring his Brexit deal back before Christmas.
Downing Street proposed that the state opening of parliament would go ahead with "reduced ceremonial elements" if the Tories win a majority in the vote a week earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The Conservative leader pledged to re-introduce his Withdrawal Agreement Bill (Wab), which would ratify the deal with Brussels, in December as an "early Christmas present" for voters.
More to follow.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash