Pete Reeve under fire from UKIP MEP
- Credit: Archant
UKIP MEP Bill Etheridge is calling for the party's local communities spokesman Pete Reeve to be expelled from the party.
This announcement comes after Mr Reeve told North Norfolk voters to back the Liberal Democrat's candidate Norman Lamb in a video endorsement.
Mr Reeve hailed Mr Lamb as 'a man who will stand up for North Norfolk', as he battles for his seat against Tory MP James Wild.
Cllr Etheridge said Mr Reeve: 'Either has no clue about politics in the UK, which is always a possibility given his catastrophic track record of running campaigns in UKIP, or he's hoping to get his back scratched in return.'
Mr Etheridge, who is fighting for his home seat of Dudley North for UKIP, continued: 'It's astonishing anyone in UKIP telling their voters to support the ultra pro-EU Lib Dems. We did not stand in that seat specifically to keep MPs who want to overturn the referendum result out of Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a scandal for our members who have campaigned long and hard for an independent Britain to hear a paid member of UKIP staff endorsing a rival.'
He continued: 'Can you imagine Diane Abbott telling Labour members to vote for a Tory? Perhaps his MBE is no longer enough and he wants a seat as a cross bencher on the red benches now he has lost his county council seat.'
To see the story of Mr Reeve's endorsement, click here.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47