Opening of Norwich Northern Distributor Road means another road will be closed for good
- Credit: Archant
A road in Spixworth will be permanently closed from Monday because of the creation of the Norwich Northern Distributor Road.
And three way traffic lights will be used while work to change a junction is done.
Rackheath Lane is being permanently closed at its junction with the B1150 North Walsham Road because journeys between the B1150 and Wroxham Road can now be taken on the section of the NDR which is open.
Norfolk County Council says the closure will also simplify the junction of Crostwick Lane in Spixworth with the B1150.
Traffic turning out of Crostwick Lane will no longer have to contend with traffic joining and crossing from Rackheath Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The mouth of Crostwick Lane is being altered to allow for more right turns towards Norwich and the NDR.
But three way traffic lights will be in place for around two weeks while that work is done. They will be in use at off-peak times only.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode