Objections lodged against Postwick Hub ahead of public inquiry
- Credit: Archant
Almost 125 people have lodged their objections ahead of a public inquiry into changes to the A47m which would form a gateway to the proposed Northern Distributor Road.
The so-called Postwick Hub is a new interchange which will serve the proposed Broadland Gate business park – and the scheme, put forward by Norfolk County Council, has planning permission.
But the draft orders to make changes to the A47 slip roads are now the subject of a public inquiry, where an inspector will make a recommendation to the Secretary of State as to whether the changes should be allowed to happen.
The new scheme will see the closure of slip roads leading on and off the A47 on to Yarmouth Road, but the scheme is also the starting off point for the NDR.
A public inquiry was due to be held in September, but was postponed by the Highways Agency because a revised traffic assessment on the impact of the changes had yet to be finalised.
You may also want to watch:
The inquiry will be held in July, but today the planning inspector will hold a meeting ahead of that.
In documents which have been put together for the inquiry, 124 people have written to object to the scheme, with 31 people listed as supporters.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
The Highways Agency and the county council say the scheme is needed to allow growth of housing and employment, but opponents say the changes are a waste of money, would inconvenience many drivers and would deter cycling and walking.
The pre-inquiry meeting will be held at the King's Centre in King Street, Norwich at 10am today.
What do you think of the scheme? Tell us your views by writing to Norwich Evening News Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE or email firstname.lastname@example.org