Not another one! Is another election set to be called in North Norfolk?
Sheringham Town Council has announced that it is set to lose one of its district councillors.
Mayor David Gooch revealed Conservative councillor Douglas Smith, who represents Sheringham North on North Norfolk District Council (NNDC), was moving.
Members agreed to write and thank him for his time on the tohas confirmed it has not received a resignation from Councillor Smith.
But Councillor Smith, who is listed as a member of the Coastal Forum and Sheringham Little Theatre Society Board, has yet to comment on the announcement.
A statement on the local authority's website reads: 'Currently there are no upcoming elections.'
You may also want to watch:
There have already been five elections in North Norfolk this year. These included NNDC by-elections in Holt and Waterside, and a town council by-election in North Walsham, as well as the County Council elections and General Election.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK