Norwich North previous election results
Results from the 2009 (by-election), 2005, 2001 and 1997 elections
2009 by-election results:
Chloe Smith (Con) 13,591; Chris Ostrowski (Lab) 6,243; April Pond (Lib Dems) 4,803; Glenn Tingle (Ind) 4,068; Rupert Read (Greens) 3,350; Craig Murrary (Put an Honest Man into Parliament) 953; Robert West (BNP) 941; Bill Holden (Ind) 166; Alan Hope (Monster Raving Loony) 144; Anne Fryatt (NOTA) 59; Thomas Burridge (Libertarian) 36; Peter Baggs (Ind) 23. Maj 7,348. Turnout 45.76pc.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
Ian Gibson (Lab) 21,097; James Tumbridge (Con) 15,638; Robin Whitmore (Lib Dems) 7,616; Adrian Holmes (Greens) 1,252; John Youles (UK Ind) 1,122; Bill Holden (Ind) 308. Maj 5,459. Turnout 61.1pc.
Ian Gibson (Lab) 21,624; Kay Mason (Con) 15,761; Moira Toye (Lib Dems) 6,750; Rob Tinch (Greens) 797; Guy Cheyney (UK Ind) 471; Michael Betts (Ind) 211. Maj 5,863. Turnout 60.0pc.