Norwich North MP Chloe Smith announces she is pregnant
- Credit: Eliza Boo Photography
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith has announced she is expecting her second child.
The Conservative MP, 36, and her husband Sandy, 40, are looking forward to the baby arriving in May next year.
The pair already have a son, Alastair, aged two.
Ms Smith, who has represented Norwich North for 10 years, said: 'We're really excited and delighted.
'Alastair will love having a little brother or sister to play with. It'll be hard work but a source of joy.'
You may also want to watch:
As with their first child, the pair hope to take six months each of shared parental leave.
She said she will make arrangements for her constituency work to be fully covered.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
During her parental leave after Alastair's birth, Broadland MP Keith Simpson supported her staff with casework.
She interrupted her maternity leave to vote in favour of the bill to withdraw from the EU and made Parliamentary history by taking her baby into the House of Commons chamber during the key votes.