Norwich MP welcomes �3m for business growth grants
A �3m grant to create a regional growth fund has been welcomed by a Norwich MP.
Chloe Smith, the member for Norwich North, previously backed New Anglia LEP's bid for the funds by writing to Lord Heseltine in support.
The New Anglia Business Growth Fund will create around 500 jobs by offering business growth grants of between �25,000 and �100,000 to SMEs in Norwich, Ipswich, Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
They will be targeted at five growth sectors – advanced manufacturing, energy, ICT, life sciences, and digital creative – but no sectors will be excluded.
Grants, allocated by a panel, will fund up to 20pc of the value of the expansion project.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Smith said: 'People can benefit from help to go ahead in business projects without being so dependent on banks, and with every chance to grow and take people on in jobs.
'I think the Local Enterprise Partnership has shown its worth in being able to win this competition for Norwich.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back