Norwich North MP Chloe Smith starts maternity leave - but will use proxy vote on key issues
- Credit: Uk Parliment
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith has begun maternity leave, but said her constituents will still be able to get help in her absence.
Conservative Ms Smith is expecting her second child in May and is taking about six month maternity leave. As with their first child in 2016, her husband Sandy will then take a further six months under shared parental leave.
She said: 'I'll be taking six months' maternity leave in the way that many working mums do.
'I've made sure that constituents can still get any help needed in my absence on leave, through my constituency office on 01603 414756 or email@example.com
'Thank you very much to everyone who has been in touch with good wishes.'
You may also want to watch:
Her colleague Elizabeth Truss MP will also be able to raise specific urgent matters in Westminster, while Ms Smith said she intends to use proxy voting to ask colleagues to vote on her behalf on 'the most important votes'.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto