Norwich drivers to face diversions because of A47 Postwick bridge work
- Credit: Mike Page
Drivers will face diversions when work to resurface one of the bridges over the A47 at Postwick starts at the end of the month.
The £65,000 work, on the older of the two bridges, will start on Thursday, August 30.
It will involve three nights of work, taking place overnight, from 7pm and 6am each day.
The Postwick junction and A47 will remain open, but drivers using the junction will follow a short, signed diversion route taking traffic around the junction and across the new Postwick bridge that will remain fully open during the work.
The diversion route will be along the A1194 Broadland Way, Broadland Gate Link and A1270 across the new bridge at Postwick. Pedestrian access will be maintained across both bridges during the work.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council thanked people for their patience while the routine maintenance work is carried out.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month