Bad weather forecast postpones urgent repairs to bridge for second time
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Bad weather forecast for the weekend has forced the cancellation of work to fix a Norwich bridge.
It is the second time that the threat of rain has prevented £20,000 of work on the Carrow Road lifting bridge.
Routine inspection of the bridge identified a number of defects in the timber decking road surface, which need urgent repair.
That work was originally due to be done on Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26, with the road closed overnight.
But the work was postponed due to the weather and rescheduled to this Friday and Saturday. However that has also been postponed, due to the rain which is forecast.
Norfolk County Council now plans to do the work from 7pm on Friday, October 9 until 7am on Saturday, October 10 and from 7pm on Saturday, October 10 until 7am on Sunday, October 11.
You may also want to watch:
However, the council warned that is, again, subject to suitable weather conditions.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument