North Norfolk doing good and feeling great for Sport Relief
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Local heroes are being invited to walk, run and swim themselves proud for Sainsbury's Sport Relief Games.
North Norfolk will be doing good and feeling great this month to make a difference to people in the UK and some of the world's poorest communities.
Crowds will be gathering in Cromer on Sunday, March 20 for the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile.
Starting at North Lodge Park from 10.30am, participants can complete a one, three or six mile course.
Walk, jog or run around the park for the shorter distance, or through Happy Valley to the lighthouse and back if you fancy a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Town Council is supporting the event which is being held for the second time.
Councillor Phil Harris said: 'The Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile in Cromer is here and it's your time to walk or run yourself proud. From little ones with their mums and dads, to runners up against the clock there's something for everyone to make themselves feel proud on this special day.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
Those preferring to take the plunge can join Sainsbury's Sport Relief swimathons at Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham and North Walsham's Victory Swim and Fitness Centre.
The Sheringham swimathon takes place on Friday, March 18 and North Walsham swimathon on Saturday, March 19.
Participants can pick a distance of 1.5k, 2.5k or 5k.
All the events can be entered online at www.sportrelief.com