NFU outlines seats of agricultural interest
Michael Pollitt, agricultural editorA 30-strong list of parliamentary seats of key agricultural interest has been identified by the National Farmers' Union.Michael Pollitt, agricultural editor
A 30-strong list of parliamentary seats of key agricultural interest has been identified by the National Farmers' Union.
Three of the seats are in East Anglia and include Mid-Norfolk, Broadland, Waveney and south-east Cambridgeshire, where shadow farming minister James Paice is standing.
Other seats are Leeds Central (Defra secretary Hilary Benn), Arundel and South Downs (Show Defra secretary Nick Herbert).
It has identified the country's 30 agriculturally important seats because farmers are candidates, or candidates, if elected, could influence the industry in the future or the farming vote might influence the outcome.
You may also want to watch:
The NFU's 30 to watch are: -
Arundel and South Downs; Brecon and Radnorshire; Brigg and Goole.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Brighton Pavilion; Broadland; Buckingham;
South East Cambridgeshire; Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire
Chippenham; Copeland; Gedling;
Grantham and Stamford; Leeds Central; Ludlow;
Meirionnydd Dwyfor; Newbury; Mid-Norfolk;
Penrith and The Border; Poplar and Limehouse;
Richmond Park; Selby and Ainsty; Somerton and Frome;
Stafford; Staffordshire Moorlands; Stroud;
Tiverton and Honiton; Torridge and West Devon;
Waveney; Westmorland and Lonsdale; York Outer.