Hand car wash in Roys car park given green light
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new hand car wash in a Norfolk superstore carpark have been given the green light by Breckland Council.
Proposals for a new hand car wash to be installed at the Roys car park on Yaxham Road in Dereham have been approved.
The development is set to create six full-time and four part-time positions and includes the building of a canopy and workers’ hut.
The plans were lodged by Handy Andy’s Car Wash with Breckland Council in September and have now been approved by the planning department.
In the council’s decision notice, it said: “The site benefits from suitable extant access to Yaxham Road and the facility can be accommodated within the site without the loss of sufficient car parking capacity for the supermarket to operate, it is understood there is spare parking capacity.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst the car wash will remove some parking spaces for the store, plenty will remain.
“As a result of the above, the proposal is considered acceptable and is recommended for approval.”
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
In 2017 a hand car wash was approved by Breckland Council on the same site in a slightly different location.
Handy Andy’s would provide both hand car washing and valeting to customers who are using Roys car park, their vehicle would be cleaned while they are using the store.
A design and access statement, states: “The proposed application is one of many at a number of outlet centres across the UK.
“The Handy Andy Car Wash facility is one of several ancillary services operated at Roys of Dereham and is an additional service provided for customers and can be utilised by them whilst they are visiting the outlet centre.
“Car wash customers are going to be on site for approximately 20 to 30 minutes and it is the outlet centres assumption they will enter the Centre and at the very least go for a coffee, but will have to walk through the whole centre and hopefully become a regular customer for both facilities.”