New contractor starts collecting waste in North Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A new contractor has started collecting the waste, recycling and related services in north Norfolk.
Serco, which was awarded the waste and related services contract in December, will eventually deliver the services across North Norfolk, Breckland and King’s Lynn and West Norfolk councils.
While there will be no significant change in service, Serco has brought in a temporary fleet of vehicles to deliver the service while a fleet of new collection vehicles are being built by the supplier. Residents will notice the green colour scheme.
The new fleet is expected to start arriving in late July.
The council and Serco are working to continue to maintain services during the coronavirus outbreak, and some temporary changes may have to be made to maintain priority services such as refuse collection.
You may also want to watch:
Residents who need to contact Serco should use the new telephone number 0330 109 9220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price