New Broadland district councillor for Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
Aylsham has a new Broadland district councillor following a by-election yesterday.
Steve Riley, from Barnby Road, Badersfield, for the Liberal Democrats, was the winner after residents took to the polls. He received 688 votes.
The other candidates were Judi Meredith, from Oakfield Road, Aylsham, for the Conservatives received 501 votes and Malcolm Kemp, from Park Road, Wroxham, for Labour received 181 votes.
A Broadland spokesman said the turnout was 23pc.
The by-election was held to replace former Broadland Conservative deputy leader Jo Cottingham who resigned from the authority in May.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash