National arts award nomination for councillor
- Credit: Sean Owen (Reflective Arts)
A county councillor has been shortlisted for a national arts award.
Margaret Dewsbury, chairman of Norfolk County Council's communities committee, has been shortlisted for the National Campaign for the Arts' Hearts for the Arts Awards 2019.
She is nominated in the category of best local authority arts champion - councillor.
Mrs Dewsbury, who is county councillor for Hingham, said: 'I'm delighted to be shortlisted and it's a pleasure to work with such dedicated teams of staff in Norfolk who are driving our county's arts projects forward on a daily basis.'
She was described by the judging panel which shortlisted her as 'a clear example of a local champion for the arts with the vision to engage with wide-ranging partners at all levels of the community.'
You may also want to watch:
The winners of the Hearts For The Arts Awards 2019 will be announced next month.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement