National arts award nomination for councillor
- Credit: Sean Owen (Reflective Arts)
A county councillor has been shortlisted for a national arts award.
Margaret Dewsbury, chairman of Norfolk County Council's communities committee, has been shortlisted for the National Campaign for the Arts' Hearts for the Arts Awards 2019.
She is nominated in the category of best local authority arts champion - councillor.
Mrs Dewsbury, who is county councillor for Hingham, said: 'I'm delighted to be shortlisted and it's a pleasure to work with such dedicated teams of staff in Norfolk who are driving our county's arts projects forward on a daily basis.'
She was described by the judging panel which shortlisted her as 'a clear example of a local champion for the arts with the vision to engage with wide-ranging partners at all levels of the community.'
You may also want to watch:
The winners of the Hearts For The Arts Awards 2019 will be announced next month.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub