Mundford council clerk to move on
- Credit: Archant
A council clerk who has been behind a series of community initiatives is calling it a day after eight years service.
Fran Brown's second stint as clerk and responsible officer to Mundford Parish Council will come to an end in the new year after she decided to move on.
Mundford's parish council has been called one of the most proactive in the county during her tenure, with a series of projects carried out.
These include the Mundford in Bloom project, the creation of the Jubilee Flower Bed, a new website for the council and a number of grants from funding sources.
She says her biggest achievement was the installation of the pedestrian crossing on the A134, completed in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
She said she will be still be engaged in village goings-on despite her departure from the parish council.
'I've really enjoyed serving the village and enjoyed working with the councillors, but want to find a new challenge and so have decided to leave now, knowing that there's a really positive feeling around the council's activities.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
'I'll still be heavily involved in village life, as for the last 11 years I've been a school governor at Mundford Primary School and I often help with fund-raising activities which I enjoy,' she said.
The council will now be advertising for a new clerk.
Contact the council on 01842 879130 or by the website www.mundfordparishcouncil.co.uk for information regarding the vacancy.