The best (and worst) MPs’ Christmas cards
- Credit: Archant
With less than a week until the big day Christmas cards are beginning to drop on doormats.
But for MPs striking the right tone with their choice of festive design can be tricky. Traditional or funny?
Norwich South MP Clive Lewis wins the prize for most inventive this year with a cartoon showing him scaling the walls of the castle while Jeremy Corbyn, Delia Smith and Canaries' boss Daniel Farke wave from the summit.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb deserves a mention as well for roping his father in law in to design his card which depicts Father Christmas snoozing.
Meanwhile poor old Gladstone, the Treasury cat, has been forced to wear a bow tie in Elizabeth Truss' effort.
You may also want to watch:
The party leaders have played it safe. But former Labour leader Ed Miliband's is rather more adventurous showing him leather-clad astride a motorcycle tucking in to a bacon sandwich – he famously struggled to eat one while on the campaign trail.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat