Motorists face eight weeks of disruption in Wroxham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Motorists have been warned they face eight weeks of disruption in Wroxham as work gets underway on rebuilding an ageing footpath.
Norfolk County Council is due to start work on the £44,000 project today (Tuesday, May 30) in the town's Charles Close.
The local authority has apologised in advance for any inconvenience.
A spokesperson for the council said: 'This work is being carried out due to the current condition of the footway surface, which has become very old, oxidised and deformed to the extent that reconstruction is the only option.
'The work will take 8 weeks to complete, subject to suitable weather conditions.'
You may also want to watch:
But they added: 'Access to all properties will be maintained during the works.'
- 1 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years