Norfolk MP George Freeman sacked
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
George Freeman, the MP for Mid Norfolk, is 'on his bike' after being sacked from his ministerial job by Boris Johnson.
Mr Freeman was one of the early victims of the prime minister's reshuffle losing his job as transport minister.
He tweeted: "On my bike. It's been a huge privilege to shape the new £FutureOfTransport Strategy at @transportgovuk w @grantshapps & brilliant DFT team, & help the PM make this an inspiring @OneNationCons Government of Renewal. Sad not to be part of it."
Julian Smith was the first casualty of reshuffle after being unceremoniously dumped from the Northern Ireland Office.
His departure comes just weeks after brokering the deal which restored the powersharing administration in Stormont.
You may also want to watch:
Other senior ministers axed include Andrea Leadsom from her role as business secretary, Theresa Villiers from her post as environment secretary and Esther McVey, who attended cabinet as housing minister.
Geoffrey Cox lost his job as the senior law officer, saying: "I am now leaving the Government at the PM's request."
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers